Learn how to transform an ordinary cork board like this….
To a marble cork board!
By looking at it, you can probably guess how it was done. Just in case you haven’t figured it out, here’s how I did it.
- Gold paint
- Marble contact paper (I bought mine for a few dollars at Kmart, finally found a place that stocks it in Australia!)
- Gold chain or ribbon
- Gold hooks
- Paint the rim of the cork board with your gold paint.
- Measure out the cork board (excluding the frame) and cut out the marble contact paper to the measurements.
- Remove the backing of the contact paper and put the marble contact paper onto the cork board. Smooth out any bubbles as you go along with a ruler.
- Mark out where you want the gold hooks to appear on your frame. Screw the hooks into the frame, patience will do it… No drill needed.
- Lastly, thread the gold chain through the hooks. I upcycled some old chains that came with a pair of boots that I used to own. I attached them together and to the hooks with some gold wire. You could use a hot glue gun instead.
And that’s it!
I often use it often as a back drop to my photos like in this picture: